Updates to the current website
- The 3DPDF Consortium Introduction presentation on the front page has been updated
- Changes to the Resources section
- The Frequently Asked Questions section has been completely re-written
- There is a new section entitled White Papers
- A white paper entitled Positioning 3DPDF in Manufacturing has been added
- There is a white paper entitled Model Based Enterprise: A Technology Enabled Contract Management Approach added
- more white papers expected to be added next month
- A new section entitled Presentations has been added. In this section, you can access PDF's of the presentations directly from the Consortium website, or you can click on a link which will take you to Slideshare. Our current hosting provider does not allow the uploading directly of pptx files; the presentations can be downloaded from Slideshare for the time being
- One of the presentations is the 3DPC Introduction
- The presentation given by the Executive DIrector, Dave Opsahl, at the 2012 Model Based Enterprise Summit in December is also available
Status of the new website
We have been working on a new website, as we have said before. In December, we made the decision to upgrade the new website to a version of Joomla, our Content Management System (CMS) that will provide a "responsive" experience, meaning that the website will adjust itself to any device type - PC, tablet, or phone - that may be accessing the website. Since this may require some changes in design to make sure the presentation is consistent, it will take some extra resources to make sure we are good to launch. Launch is now expected in March.
Notice to "Registered Users"
The current version of the website allows for "registration" (capturing your user name and email address), which is currently used only for contact from the webmaster of the site. The contact information is not shared with any organization, commercial or otherwise. However, since the Consortium is a corporate member organization, when the new website is launched in March, the only log-ins that will be authorized will be valid users whose domain belongs to a corporate member. If you are a Registered User who does not belong to one of the member companies, you will still be able to get news and information from the Consortium regarding events, new white papers, webinars, etc. but only through one of our social media channels such as Twitter or LinkedIn, or via an RSS subscription mechanism. The Consortium does not plan to capture email addresses for anyone other than corporate members going forward.